Monday, October 8, 2007

Beauty Vs Brains Vs Money - An inevstor's persepective

YOu should read up this honest letter!!!!
now dont say i didnt give ya good stuff to read!!!

G

Question
What am I doing wrong? Okay, I'm tired of beating
> around the bush. I'm a beautiful(spectacularly
> beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and
> classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get
> married to a guy who makes at least half a million a
> year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that
> a million a year is middle class in New York City,
> so I don't thinkI'm overreaching at all.Are there
> any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any
> wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a
> business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But
> that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000
> won't getme to central park west. I know a woman in
> my yoga class who was married to an investment
> banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty
> as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she
> doing right? How do I get to her level?Here are my
> questions specifically: - Where do you single rich
> men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants,
> gyms -What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest
> guys, you won't hurt my feelings-Is there an age
> range I should be targeting (I'm 25)? - Why are some
> of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper
> east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane'
> boring types who have nothing to offer married to
> incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead
> gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village.
> What's the story there?- Jobs I should look out for?
> Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor.
> How much do those guys really make? And where do
> they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang
> out?- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend?
> I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY Please hold your
> insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest
> way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least
> I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching
> for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match
> them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and
> keeping a nice home and hearth.it's NOT ok to
> contact this poster with services or other
> commercialinterestsPostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER
Dear Pers-431649184:I read your posting with
> great interest and have thought meaningfully about
> your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your
> predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I
> qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make
> more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see
> it.Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like
> me, is plain and simple acrappy business deal.
> Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what
> yousuggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks
> to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But
> here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money
> will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it
> is very likely that my income increases but it is an
> absolute certainty that you won't be getting any
> more beautiful!So, in economic terms you are a
> depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not
> only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation
> accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will
> likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but
> less so each year. Then the fade begins inearnest.
> By 35 stick a fork in you!So in Wall Street terms,
> we would call you a trading position, not a buy and
> hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make
> good business sense to "buy you" (which is what
> you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you
> think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If
> my money were to go away, so would you, so when your
> beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that.
> So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.
> Separately, I was taught early in my career about
> efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as
> "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as
> you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find
> it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as
> you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if
> not only for a tryout.By the way, you could always
> find a way to make your own money and then we
> wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.
> With all that said, I must say you're going about it
> the right way. Classic "pump and dump."I hope this
> is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort
> of lease, let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah! and beauty needs to read "atlas shrugged"...